Using Google Docs and Drive you can share a file or folder with someone to allow them to view, edit, or comment on it and see the changes happen almost instantly so everyone can work on the most current page. There are a number of ways that you can share a file either via Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, through a link or email attachment.
Share a file or folder
You can share a file or folder using Google Drive or in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides home screens.
1. Once you have logged into your SOAS email account click icon
2. Then click the Calendar option from the menu.
3. Click the New button and then File Upload
5. Once the file has uploaded successfully it will appear in your Drive.
A notification will also appear in the bottom right hand side when the file has been uploaded:
6. You can either click on the Share link in the above notification or click the file from your Drive files. Once you click the file you will see options available for that file. Click the icon to share.
7. From the Share with others window enter the email(s) for the people you wish to share the file or folder with. If the person(s) already exist in your contacts you can search for them by typing them into the box.
Can comment - Users can only view and add comments to the file or folder, but can’t edit itCan view - Users can only view the file or folder but can’t edit or comment on it
Once you have added the people you wish to share the file and added any comments click the Send button. The user(s) will then receive an email letting them know you have shared the file/folder with them.
If you want to share multiple files at once, add the files to a folder in Drive and then share the entire folder with the people you want to see the files.
8. To share a link to the file is to click on Get shareable link from the Share with others window. A link will then be available for you to copy and share.